How to enter – Entries closed Thursday, March 2.
These awards acknowledge the very best people and organisations across the region.
For the selected finalists there are significant publicity benefits and real kudos for the eventual winners – this is your chance to grab your place in the spotlight.
We want you to tell us about your business and what makes it a success.
The competition is free to enter. Any company or organisation that is based locally in and around the Black Country and Staffordshire region, reflecting the Express & Star circulation area, can sign up.
We need to know:
- What you do
- Your products or services
- How you stand out from your competitors
- Your specific achievements relating to the criteria of the award you are entering
- Future plans
There are 11 categories you can choose from, some are open to just about everyone, others have certain restrictions but all are worth a look.
It’s easy to take part. There are two stages: firstly register your interest for your chosen categories, then submit your entry before the closing date.
There is a section for common information about your business and an opportunity for you to explain why you should be selected as one of the finalists. You can enter up to three categories but each category will need to be completed separately. Please note, there is a separate entry form for the category Business Person of the Year.
When completing the form, try and ensure it contains all the relevant points and some of the company’s personality too (remember that the judges will read a huge amount of information, so it will help if it really stands out). You have a maximum of 1,100 words to explain why your business should be selected as a finalist.
What happens next?
Preliminary judging of entries will take place shortly after the closing date. Three finalists will be chosen in each category for onsite visits by the judges, made up of representatives from the Express & Star and sponsors – and they will want to talk to your team face-to-face.
These visits will be made mid-May and video filming at your premises will also take place around the same time. The footage will be shown at the awards ceremony.
Just before the event the Express & Star will carry a special supplement in-paper featuring all of the finalists.
If you are finalist you will receive four complimentary tickets to the black tie awards evening with the option to buy extra places.
The winners will be revealed at Wolverhampton Racecourse on Thursday, June 8 2017.
When you take part, please note:
- Contact details of all businesses that submit entries will be made available to all category sponsors of the campaign who may get in touch.
- Company information will be treated in the strictest confidence and will be shared only with the judges who include category sponsors.
- Sponsors and their business members cannot enter their own category.
- You can register for as many categories as you like. However, you can only
- enter a maximum of three.
- The dates of the onsite visits to the finalist companies are fixed in advance and cannot be changed.
- Video footage of the finalist companies will be shown at the awards night as part of the production for the event. Video filming at finalists’ premises is a requirement of participation.
- Companies must be prepared to take part in any relevant publicity.
Awards project team
Should you have any queries, give us a call on 01902 319360. We are happy to help with any questions you may have.